1. Start IdentyManage software by double-clicking on “IdentyManage Software” icon on your desktop.
Please note: The license has to be activated prior to using management software.
2. On the first software run, you have to set the password for the “Administrator” account.
Please choose a password and enter it to the relevant fields, and press “Set” button to continue.
3. After the password is set, you will need to choose a “Site name”. The “Site name” can be a company name, installation site name, building name etc..
4. After setting up the site name, the software “Login” screen will appear. Log in to the management software:
The default username: Administrator (case sensitive) and type as a password the one that was set on the first software run.
5. Click on the “Site map” icon:
Your device should appear at the “Network devices” part of the window as shown on the picture below. In case that the device does not appear on the “Network devices” tree, please refer to our support portal (http://support.identytech.com/faq ) – FAQ section for troubleshooting.
6. Drag and drop the device to the “Site map” part of the window, under the any node.
If device has a default IP address (192.168.1.1) it cannot be dragged to the map unless the IP address is changed. To change the IP address, right-click on the device and choose “Set IP” from the menu.
If the device is DHCP state, while dragging, the IP address will change to static and reboot. Please refer to the full software manual for more detailed explanation on how to change the IP address.
7. Once the site map is setup and all the relevant units are added to the site map, you can proceed to enrolling users into your system. To do so, click on the “Users” icon in the main menu.
The following window will show up:
8. Press “Add button” in the window menu. The following window will show up:
Under the “General info” tab, please type in the User ID (MUST field). You can also specify any additional user details such as User name, date of birth etc. In the Access mode field, specify the credentials that user is going to use in order to be identified in the system: Biometric only, card & biometric, Pin code etc., the default access mode is Biometric only – meaning that the user will have to present palm / or finger only (depending on the type of the terminal) in order to be identified in the system.
9. Next, navigate to “Access levels & holidays” tab. By default, there is 2 access levels specified in the system: ALWAYS (full access) and NEVER (no access). Additional access levels can be created for a custom access permissions. Please refer to the full software manual for a more detailed explanation.
Click on the “+” button next to the “Related access levels” list and choose “Always” from the list and click the “OK” button. The access level should appear under “Related access levels” list as shown on the picture below.
10. Depending on the type of the biometric you want to enroll please navigate either to “Fingerprint data” or “Palm data” tabs. In case you have a local desktop sensor connected to your PC, choose “Local enrollment” option. In case you are enrolling on the terminal, choose “Network enrollment” option, click on the “…” button and select the unit you will enroll on from the list.
Press “Enroll button”. Present your finger or palm to the terminal or desktop reader. Once enrollment complete, the green check mark will appear on the relevant picture.
- In case you see the zip sign instead of fingerprint image, please consider re-enrollment, unless the template is used for verification.
- The palm enrollment on the terminal itself can be a bit “tricky”. Please use a hand guide for enrollment. Once hand presented wait until unit beeps ones and green led comes on. Then remove your hand and present it again. Wait until you hear a beep once again and both led’s turns on green. If you hear double-beep, the procedure wasn’t complete correctly and enrollment failed. It is recommended to use a local USB sensor for enrollment.
11. Press save button to save user on the unit. Before you saving make sure the unit is connected to the network. Complete the enrollment process. Please note: there is no need to click apply button after every enrolled palm or fingerprint. It is enough to click a “Save” button after all the necessary details are filled in.
12. Once user was saved, the new task will be created and appear at the bottom of the screen. The green color will represent that the user was synchronized to the units successfully, the red one – task failed, orange – represent that task was completed with errors (the user data wasn’t synchronized to all terminals).